Thursday, July 17, 2008

White Wine and Peach Sangria

Success! After my failed first attempt at making this drink, I felt compelled to try again - this time with all the ingredients instead. As mentioned before, I stole the recipe from Epicurious, but I'll list what I used here:
  • 1 750-ml bottle Pinot Grigio
  • 3/4 cup peach schnapps
  • 6 tablespoons frozen lemonade concentrate
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • Fresh peaches (white peach, nectarine)
  • Fresh seedless grapes (green, red)
I mixed the first four items until the sugar dissolved. The sugar I had at hand was raw turbinado sugar, so it added a little color to the drink. I didn't really care, but if it's a concern, use regular refined sugar. It'll probably dissolve faster, too.

The original recipe called for frozen peaches, but I felt fresh ones would be more enjoyable. I sliced them and the grapes, added them in, and refrigerated overnight.

I don't know how legitimate of a recipe this is, and if it isn't, I suppose it's just expensive jungle juice then. But it was tasty. The fruit soaked up some of the alcohol, and the peach schnapps added an extra peach kick to it. If only I had the schnapps for July 4th.

3 comments:

Niels Joubert said...

Hmmm wine in a mixed drink? this sounds like blaspheme to me!

sarah j. gim said...

keep the sangria away from me.

unless you're okay with me drinking the entire pitcher :)

(btw, if you make red, my friend SWEARS by using orange fanta)

Janet Ching said...

Hi there, I like this variation very much. Very refreshing. White peach is my favorite. Will add this to my must try item. I have to get some white peaches fast before they become off season.